Monday, July 20, 2009

Budha Kavacham

Budha Kavacham
(Armour for Budha)
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander
(Budha is a planet giving knowledge. Any body who falls short in knowledge or wants to gain knowledge should read this Kavacham on all Wednesdays.)

Asya Budha kavacha stotra maha manthrasya

For the chant called Armour for Budha (mercury)

Kasyapa Rishi
The sage is Sage Kasyapa

Anushtup Chanda
Meter is Anushtup

Budho Devatha
God is Budha (mercury)

Budha Preethyarthe Jape Viniyoga
This chant is being done to please God Budha.

Budhasthu pusthakadhara kumkumasya samadhyuthi,
Peethambardhara pathu, peethamalyanu lepana. 1

Let us be protected by Budha,
Who holds a book in his hand,
Who shines with Kumkuma*,
Who wears yellow silk,
And who wears yellow garland.
*saffron
Katim cha pathu may soumya, siro desam budhasthadha,
Nethra jnanamaya pathu, srothre pathu nisa priya. 2

Let him who is peaceful protect my hip,
Let my head and surroundings be protected by Budha,
Let my eyes be protected by the one who is engulfed in knowledge,
Let my ears be protected by him who loves night.

Granam gandha priya pathu, jihwam vidhyapriyo mama,
Kantam pathu vidho, puthro bhujow pusthaka bhooshana. 3

Let my sense of smell be protected he who likes scents,
Let my toungue be protected by he who likes knowledge,
Let my neck be protected by the knowledgable one,
Let my arms be protected by he who is decorated by books.

Vaksha pathu varangascha, hrudhayam rohini sutha,
Nabhim pathu suraradhyo, madhyam pathu khageswara. 4

Let my breast be protected by the blessed one,
Let my heart be protected by son of Rohini,
Let my belly be protected by first among devas,
Let my middle be protected by God of the birds.

Januni rohinoyascha pathu jange akhila pradha,
Pathou may bhodhana pathu, Pathu sowmyam akhilo vapu. 5

Let my knee be protected by he who belongs to Rohini,
Let my calf be protected by he who knows everything,
Let my feet be protected by he who is expert teacher,
And let all the rest of me be protected by he who is peaceful.

Yethadwi kavacham divyam, sarva papa pranasanam,
SArva roga prasamanam, sarva dukha nivaranam. 6

This Armour which is holy,
Destroys all sins committed,
Cures all types of diseases,
And is the panacea for all sorrow.

Ayur aroghya subhadham, puthra pouthra prabhardhanam,
Ya padeth srunuyath vapi sarvathra vijayee bhaveth. 7


It blesses one with long healthy life,
Increases sons and grand sons,
And those who read or hear it,
Would be victorious everywhere.

Ithi Sri Brahma Vaivartha Purane Budha Kavacham Sampoornam

Thus ends the armour of Mercury which occurs in Brahma Vaivartha purana.

No comments: