Monday, July 20, 2009

Mangala Kavacham

Mangala Kavacham
(The protective armour for Mars)
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

( This is an armour which gives you protection from all problems caused by the planet Mars . It has to be chanted on all Tuesdays, if mars causes any problem in the horoscope )


Asya sri angaraka kavacha stotra manthrasya
For the chant of the armour of mars,

Kasyapa rishi
Sage is Kasyapa

Anushtup Chanda
Meter is Anushtup

Angatrako devatha
the god addressed is Mars

Bhouma preethyarthe jape viniyoga
The chant is aimed at pleasing the son of earth,

Rakthambaro Rakthavapu Kiritee,
Chathurbhujo mesha gamo gadha bruth.
Dharasutha, shakthi darascha sooli,
Sada mama syad waradha prasada.

Let he who wears the red cloths,
Let he who is of red colour,
Let he who wears a crown,
Let him who has four hands,
Let he who travels on a goat,
Let him who is armed with a mace,
Let him who is the son of earth,
Let him who holds the Shakthi and spear,
Be always pleased with me and bless me.

Angaraka siro rakshen, mukham vai dharani sutha,
Sravai rakthambara pathu, nethre may raktha lochana. 1

Let mars protect my head,
Let my face be protected by son of earth,
Let my ears be protected by he who wears red,
Let my eyes be protected by the red eyed one,

Nasam shakthi dhara pathu, mukham may raktha lochana,
Bhujou may rakthamali, cha hasthou shakthi dharasthadha. 2

Let my nose be protected by he who holds Shakthi,
Let my face be protected by the red eyed one,
Let my hands be protected by, he who wears red garland,
And let my arms be protected , by he holds the shakthi.

Vaksha pathu varangascha, hrudayam pathu rohitha,
Katim may graham rajascha, mukham chaiva dhara sutha. 3

Let the blessed one protect my shoulders,
Let my chest be protected by red coloured one,
Let the king of planets protect my belly,
And let my face be protected by son of earth.


Janu jangjhou kuja pathu, padhou bhaktha priya sada,
Sarvan anyani cha angaani rakshen may mesha vahana. 4

Let my hips and thigh be protected by Mars,
Let my feet be protected by he who is dear to his devotees,
And let all the other organs be protected by he who rides the goat.

Ya idham kavacham divyam sarva shathru nivaranam,
Bhootha pretha pisachaanam nasanam sarva sidhidham. 5

This holy armour kills all our enemies,
Destroys ghosts, ghouls and devils,
And blesses us with all powers.

Sarva roga haram chaiva sarva sampath pradham shubham,
BHukthi mukthi pradham nrunaam sarva soubhagya vardhanam,
Roga bandha vimoksham cha sathya methanna samsaya. 6

There is no doubt that the truth is that,
This armour cures all sorts of diseases,
Blesses us with all sorts of wealth,
Grants us devotion and salvation,
Increases our luck at all times,
And releases us from the control of diseases.

Ithi Sri Markandeya Purane Mangala Kavacham Sampoornam

Thus ends the armour of Mars found in Markandeya Purana,

No comments: