Monday, July 20, 2009

Shukra Kavacham

Shukra Kavacham
(The armour of Venus)
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander
(Shukra in Indian mythology is the teacher Of Asuras and Rakshasas. He is very famous sage and son of Brugu. If any problems are caused by him or if one wants to earn lots of wealth, this Kavacham should be read on Fridays.)

Mrunala kundendu payoja suprabham,
Peethambaram, prasrutha maksha malinam,
Samastha sasthrartha vidhim mahantham,
Dhyayeth kavim vanchitha maartha sidhaye. 1

All desires would get fulfilled by meditating on that poet,
Who shines like the white lotus born out of the sea,
Who wears yellow silks, who is known to wear garland of beads,
And who is a very great individual knowing the meaning of all sasthras.

Om Siro may Bhargava pathu, Baalam pathu grahadhipa,
Nethre daithya guru pathu, srothre may chandana dyuthi. 2

Let the son of Brugu protect my head,
Let the lord of planets protect my hair,
Let the teacher of asuras protect my eyes,
And let my ears be protected by ,
He who is lustrous like sandal wood.

Pathu may nasikaam kavyo, vadanam daithya vanditha,
Vachanam chosna pathu , kandam sri kanda bhakthiman. 3

Let the writer of epics protect my nose,
Let my face be protected by he who is worshipped by asuras,
Let my words be protected by the hungry one,
And let my neck be protected by the great devotee of Vishnu.

Bhujou thejo nidhi pathu, kukshim pathu mano vraja,
Nabhim braghu sutha pathu, madhyam pathu mahee priya,. 4

Let my hand be protected by the treasure of light,
Let my belly be protected by him who is the choice of my mind,
Let my stomach be protected by son of Brughu,
And let my middle be protected by the darling of earth.

Katim may pathu viswathma, ooru may sura poojitha,
Janum jadya hara pathu, jange jnana vatham vara. 5

Let my hip be protected by soul of the universe,
Let my thigh be protected by him who is worshipped by devas,
Let my knees be protected by enemy of sluggishness,
And let my calf be protected by he who is great among knowledgeable.

Gulphou guna nidhi pathu, pathu padhou varam bhara,
Sarvanyangani may pathu,swarna mala parishkrutha. 6

Let my ankle be protected by treasure of goodness,
Let my feet be protected by he who grants boons,
And let all my limbs be protected by he who wears golden garland.

Ya idham kavacham patathi sradhyanwitha,
Na thasya jayathe peeda, bhargavasya prasadatha. 7

He who reads this armour with devotion,
Will never get any problems by the grace of son of Brugu.

Idhi Brahmanda purane Shukra kavacham sampoornam.

Thus ends the armour of Venus occurring in Brahmanda Purana.

No comments: