Monday, February 10, 2014

Vittala Kavacham

Vittala Kavacham

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

Sutha Uvacha:-
Sutha said:-

1.Siro may vittala pathu, kapolam mudgara priya,
Nethrayor   Vishnu roopi, Vaikunto granam  eva cha

Let my head be protected by Vittala, and the cheek by he who likes  the hammer,
Let my eyes be protected by he who has a form of Vishnu  and let my nose by the the one who lives in Vaikunta.

2.Muni Sevyo mukham pathu, Danthapankthim Sureswara,
Vidhyadheesasthu may jihwam , kandam visweswara   vandhitha.

Let  my face be protected by him who is served by sages and my row of teeth  by God of devas,
Let my toungue be protected by God of knowledge and neck by  one saluted  by Lord Shiva.

3.Vyapako hrudayam pathu Skandhou pathu Sukha pradha,
Bhujow may nruhari pathu  karou cha suranayaka.

Let my heart be protected by one who is spread  and shoulders  by one who blesses us with pleasure,
Let my arms be protected  by Lord Narasimha and hands      by the lord of devas.

4.Madhyam pathu suradheeso, Nabhim pathu suralaya,
Sura vandhya katee  pathu , janunee Kamalasana.

Let my middle be protected by the chief of the devas, and belly be protected by  the heavens,
Let my waist  be protected by one  who   is saluted by devas and thigh by one who sits on lotus flower.

5.Janghe pathu Hrishikesa, , padhou pathu  trivikrama,
Nikhilam cha sareeram may pathaam  Govinda Madhavou

Let Hrishikesa protect my shanks , let  my feet  feet  protected by Trivikrama,
Let my body be protected by  one who is everywhere  and my appearance by Govinda and Madhava.

6.Akaro vyapako Vikshnu rakshatmaka   yeva cha,
Pavaka sarva paapaanaam  akaraya namo nama.

Vishnu  is spread from the  letter “Aa”   and he is the protector   of the soul,
He burns away all sins  and I salute and salute the letter Aa.

7.Tharaka sarva Bhoothanam , Dharma sasthreshu geeyathe,
Punathu  Viswa bhuvanam  thu omkaraya namo nama.

He is the protector of all beings   , it is said in Dharma Sasthras,
He creates all the worlds in the universe  and I salute him who is the letter “Om”.

8.Moola prakruthi roopa  yaa mahaamaya cha vaishnavi,
Thasya bheejena samyuthutha  ya karaya na,mo nama.

He is of the form of basic nature  and the great illusion and Vaishnavi,
And  I salute the letter Ya along with his root .

9.Vaikuntadhipathi Sakshadvaikunta padha dhayaka,
Vaijayanthi samayuktho Vikaraya namo nama.

He is the real lord of Vaikunta  and one who can give position  in Vaikunta,
I salute   the letter Vi along  with  his garland.

10.Snatha sarveshu  theertheshu  pootho   yajnadhi karmasu,
Pavano dwija pakthinaam  takaraya   namo nama.

After taking bath in all sacred waters  and after getting purified by  carrying out Yajna,
I salute the letter ti   along with the  holy row   of Brahmins.

11.Vahanam garudo  yasya, BHujanga sayanam thadhaa,
Vama bhage cha Lakshmischa Lakaraya namo nama.

His steed is Garuda  , he sleeps on bed of snakes ,
And on his left is Goddess Lakshmi  and I salute the letter La.

12.Naradhadhi samayuktham  vaishnavam paramam padham,
Labhathe manavo nithyam , Vaishnavam dharma masritha.

He is along with Narada  and  Vishnu’s  world is the ultimate goal,
And this would be got by humans  who depend on Lord Vishnu.

13.Vyadhayo  vilayam yanthi , poorva karma samudhbhava,
Bhoothani cha palayanthe,manthropasaka Darasanath.

All the diseases surrounding us    arise from the karma done earlier,
And he looks after all beings  who worship him with manthras.

14.Idham Shadakshara stotram yo  japech  dhayanvitha,
Vishno  sayujyamapnothi   sathyam sathyam   na samasya.

If this six lettered prayer  is chanted daily with mercy in heart,
He would  go in front of Vishnu , This is the truth without any doubt.

Ithi  Sri padma purane   Sutha sounka samvadhe   Sri vittala Kavacham samaptham

Thus ends the armour of Vittala   which occurs in the discussion between Sutha and Sownaka which is the part of Padma Purana.






No comments: