Saturday, September 20, 2014

Sri Sai Saranam Stotram

Sri Sai Saranam  Stotram
Prayer   of   refuge to   Sri Sai Baba

Translated   by
P.R.Ramachander

(Here is a very great and soulful prayer   addressed   to the Saibaba  of Shirdi. IN essence it says   even for the worst possible human being who does  not have any refuge whatsoever , Sai Baba is the refuge.  This prayer was to me by  Sri.A.V.Sundaram, from a   book of Thursday prayers   at Shirdi. I felt at  great peace   after  translating  this great  prayer. I am thankful to Sri.A.V.Sundaram)

1.Sarva   sadhanaheenasya  , paradheenasya sarvadhaa,
Papapeenasya   dheenasya, Sri  Sai Saranam  mama.

To me   who is  not having anything , who is always  being  under control of others,
Who  is swollen with sins and who is helpless , Sri Sai  Baba is my  refuge.

2.Samasara –sukha-samprapthi  , sanmukhasya  viseshatha,
Bahirmukhasya   jeevasya , Sri Sai  Saranam mama.

For getting  pleasure  in life  , specially  with a happy face
To  an indifferent   being  like me , Sri Sai Baba  is my  refuge.

3. Sadaa vishayakamasya  , dehaaramasya   sarvadhaa ,
Dushta   svabhava  vamasya  , Sri Sai Saranam mama.

Always interested  in worldly pleasures and always  doing nothing,
And   being bad  with wicked habits, Sri Sai Baba  is my refuge.

4.Samsara   sarpa drashtasya  , Dharma brashtasya  durmathe  ,
Loukeeka   prapthi   kashtasya  , Sri Sai   Saranam Mama.

Being a snake  bite to  domestic life , who has been banished  from religion , who is  ignorant ,
And who has difficulty in achieving   worldly success, Sri Sai Baba  is my refuge.

5.Vismrutham   sweeya dharmasya  , karma mohitha   chethasa,
Svaroopa jnana  soonyasya , Sri Sai Saranam Mama.

Being one  who has forgotten his own wife  ,  one whose heart  is  deceived  by  Karma ,
Who    is ignorant   of the form of god  , Sri Sai  Baba  is my refuge.

6.Vishaya krantha dehasya  vemukhatha   samam they ,
Indarayascha   graheethasya  , Sri Sai  Saranam mama,

Being one with body attached   to pleasures, being   equal to the mouth of a bird ,
And one being  controlled  by sense  organs , Sri Sai Baba  is my refuge.

7. Samsara sindhu magnasya  , bagnam  bhavasya   dushkruthe,
Dhurbhava  bhagna chithasya , Sri Sai Saranam mama,

Being drowned   in ocean of domestic life  , who is disappointed  and doing evil deeds,
Who has   bad   inclination  and a broken heart , Sri Sai Baba is my refuge.

8.Viveka, Dhairya, BHakthyadhi   rahithasya    nirantharam,
Virudha  karu naa sakathe  , Sri Sai  Saranam  Mama.

Being one who is permanently   devoid of  wisdom, courage and devotion ,
And who cannot give up cowardly acts , Sri Sai  Baba  is my refuge.

9.Sarva sadhana soonyasya  , sadhanam Sai yevathu,
Thasmad  sarvathmana nithyam  , Sri  SAi Saranam mama.

When nothing is  there with us  , Sai  becomes   everything,
And so   all beings daily say,  Sri  Sai Baba   is my refuge.

Thvameva matha  cha pitha  thvameva , thvameva bandhusha , sakha thvameva  ,
Thvameva vidhya, dravinam thvameva , thvameva sarvam mama  Sai nadhaa.

You are my mother, you aremy father, you are  my relation, you are  my friend,
You are  my education  , You are my wealth  , and so Lord  SAi, you are my  refuge

Kayenavacha   manasendrairvaa  , budhyathmana   vaa  prakruthi svabhavath ,
Karomi yadhyath   sakalam parasmai  , Narayanayethi  samarpayami

Whatever is being done by me, my body  , words  , mind  , sense organs,  intellect and soul,
Or by  my natural inclinations  , I  surrender    all  them  to Lord  Narayana.

Hari Om thath sath, Sri Sai paramathmane nama

Hari and Om    are   the truth  , salutations to   the infinite   soul Sai

Anatha koti  , Brahmanda Nayaka  , Maha Rajadhi Raja  ,
Maha Samartha Para brahma   Sri Sachidananda  svaroopa Sadguru,
Sri Sai Nadha Baba  Maharaj   ki jai.

Victory to  Lord  of the endless   crores  of universes , the great  king of kings,
The  very knowledgeable Divine Brahmam  ,one with form of   divine  joy ,
 The great teacher  Lord Sai Baba.


  

1 comment: