Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Maha Lakshmi Sthuthi (Malayalam)

Maha  Lakshmi  Sthuthi (Malayalam)

Translated by
P.R,Ramachander

  Here is a simple prayer  addressed to Goddess Lakshmi  to make  oneself rich The utter simplicity of the prayer would captivate  any one.)

1,Indire Loka Mathave  Maha Lakshmi,
Chandradhi  koopum nin padha yugmam,
Vandhikkumenne  nee onnu nokkeeduvaan ,
Nandathmaja  priye  kai Thozhunnen.

1.Oh Goddess Indira , mother of the world  ,Mahalakshmi,
I am saluting  your twin feet which are  saluted by  Chandra  and others,
So that you  will  see  me  who is saluting you,
I salute you  the dear one of  son of Nanda gopa.

2.Eeshal   yethume  karunyamundengil  ,
Oozhiyil  jnanum valuthayidum,
Aamayam maththuvaan   beshajam  mathilla,
Aazhi mathe   devi  Kumbidunnen.

2 ,Without any doubt , If I have your mercy  ,
I would become   great in this  world,
For  curing my  sorrow  there  is no other medicine  ,
Oh Goddess mother of waves, I salute  you.

3.Umkruthiyode  katakkaravar  vannu,
Kimkaranmare  poleneeye amme  ,
Sankha koodathe   thadukkumarakolle  ,
Pankaja  Nandini  Kumbidunnen.

3. With great anger  those who gave loan to me have come ,
And Oh mother  they stood   like servants  of Yama .
For  stopping   them without   any doubt  ,
Oh  daughter  of lotus flower , I salute you.

4,Ooninnum   vendunna   nithya sukhangalkkum,
Ksheenatha  kanmin  kuranjathippol,
Kanamilla   pattam nelledutheeduvaan,
Vaniyal  kittanam  kumbidunnen.

2,I am finding   now scarcity   for   food 
As well as daily  pleasures ,
There  is no income, no paddy coming  from lease ,
And I can get it  only  through Goddess  Saraswathi, nmy salutations.

3.Yenthu chetham  ninakku yennude   meni mel,
Nin thiru nethrangalal onnu uzhinjaal,
Antharamilla jnan arthavaanai  varum,
Santhatham nin kazhal  kumbidunnen.

2.What   would be your problem    to   once,
See all over  my body   with your divine   eyes,
Sor without  any doubt I would become  rich.
And I always   salute   your feet.

6.Yethume chetham  ninakilla athinaal  jnan,
Praadhanyanai   varum oozhi  thannil,
Modhena vannu  mam  nokkuga  vaikaathe,
Vasudeva  priye kumbidunnen.

6. I know that  you do not have any loss ,
And I would become  very great  on this earth,
And so with joy come  and without  delay see  me,
Oh Dear one of Lord Krishna , I salute you.

7.Ayyo panamilla kayyil yeni kippol,
Yenthu varaanjaathu  padmaalaye  ,
Kayyethu rakshichu kolga Mahalakshmi  ,
Kai koopi   nin padham kumbidunnen.

7, Alas, I do not have any money  with me,
Why have you not come Oh Goddess  who lives on the  lotus  ,
Please  take control and  take care of me , Oh Mahalakshmi,
With folded  hands  I salute    your feet.

8.Ottu kallodu nellu alpam avilumai,
Thushtani   kaazhcha  vechoru vipran,
Drushtaantha Martha padhi yayathumavan,
Mattalar mathe   jnan  kumbidunnen.

8.A satisfied Brahmin   came with   little  beaten rice,
With lot of paddy  and stone in it and  I offered it  as royal present ,
And proving to every one  he became  a very rich man,
  Oh lady  of the open lotus flower  , I salute you.

9.Orthil orutharum  Rugmani deviyum,
Partha  mukundanum  chonna  moolam,
Dathri suran arthavaanai   chamanjathum,
Orthu ithaa   nin kazhal  kumbidunnen.

9.When I remember  that due to  Queen Rugmani,
Arjuna  and Krishna       telling him,
The Brahmin was transformed  in to a rich one  ,
And Remembering that  I salute  your feet.

10.Ouvannam yenneyum onnu kadakshippan,
Kai vanangi   sthuthicheppozhum jnan,
Poovil mathe  Sri Bhagwathi  nin padham,
Kevalam  inniyum  KUmbidunnen.

10.To see me  also once like that ,
With folded hands I always  pray you,
Oh lady of the flower  , Oh goddess  ,
I am saluting    your feet  without  any condition.

11.Akshanam pokku  grahangal aseshavum  ,
Nilkkanam  arthavum yende  kayyil,
Mukthiyum venam  marana  kaale  , mama,
Lakshmi Bhagwathi  kumbidunnen.

11.Praying that all the planets  at that time,
Should stand where  they are , money should remain  in my hands,
And I should get salvation at the time  of death ,
I salute you  mu Goddess  Lakshmi.

12,Lakshmi jaya jaya , Padmalaye jaya,
Padmanabha  priye Thamburatti  ,
Lakshmana  poorvaja vallabhe  nin kazhal,
Lakshmi  Bhagawathi  kumbidunnen.

12, victory, victory  to Lakshmi  , Victory to her who lives in the lotus flower ,
Oh  Goddess  who is darling  of Lord Padmanabha  ,
Oh consort of elder  brother of Bharatha,
Oh goddess Lakshmi, I salute your feet.


No comments: