Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Amme kodungalloramme Bhagwathi (Malayalam)

Amme kodungalloramme  Bhagwathi

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

(A great  but very simple prayer  in mAlayalam addressed to the goddess  of the famous   temple at Kodungallore.) 

1.Amme  kodungalloramme BHagwathi  ,
Amme  BHagawathi, Narayani  ,
Amme Parabrahma  roopini ,
Kanmasha  nasini  ,kAi thozhunnen.

1.Oh Mother, Oh mother of KOdungallore  , Oh Bhagwathi  ,
Oh Mother ,Oh Bhagwathi,  Oh Narayani  ,
Om mother    who has  the form of Para  Brahmam,
Who  destroys  evils  , I salute   you.

2.Asrithar keppozhum asritham yekuvaan  ,
Visweswariyai kodungalloril,
Visramichidunna viswaika sakshini  ,
Visruthe  jnan kai thozhunnen

2.Oh witness   of the world who takes rest in,
Kodungallore as goddess  of the universe  ,
Who grants always  protection to those  who depend on her  ,
Oh famous one , I salute   you.

3.Illihathingalinnu   ammakku  thulyayai  ,
Illa yenikku   yengum  oramma paarthaal,
Chollezhum   kodungallooril  vaaneedum,
Nallammaye   sadaa  kai thozhunnen.

3.There is no one  in this  world  who is equal to mother  ,
In this  world If I search  I  would not find a  mother  like her  ,
Who lives   in the very   famous  town of Kodungallore  ,
And So  I always   salute   that good mother.

4,Easwari devi  , bhagwathi  , nine jnan  ,
Viswasichere vishudhanai,
Saswathananda  sidhikku   bhakthyadharam,
SAswathe vazthi vanangidunnen,

4,Oh Godess who is consort of Easwara,
Believing in you   I have become   very pure  ,
Oh stable one  , I salute  you with respect and devotion,
For being blessed  with forever stable  joy.

5.Ullil yerum dur vicharangal maaruvaan,
Yellolam amma prasadhikkugil  ,
THulli purathu  pom  , illllla samsayam,
Santhatham jnan nine  kai  thozhunnan.

5.There is not even a very  little doubt  ,
That if mother    is pleased   with me,
The worries  in the mind would  jump out ,
And so always  I salute   you.

6.oorjitha   dhanava   dharuka  vairiye  ,
Nirjeeva maakkiyor amme , ninne,
Nirjaranmarum  pugazthi poojikkunnu  ,
Nirajaradheeswari  , kai thozhunnen.

6. Oh mother   who  made  lifeless  ,
The very ferocious   Asura  enemy Called Dharuka ,
Even the devas who never become old praise and worship  you,
Oh Goddess  of the devas , I salute you  .

7.Rishi janangalum ninne aaradhichu,
Bhashichidunnu  ninde  naamaavali,
Dosha  vinasini  , durmadha haarini,
Doshangal   theeruvaan kai   thozhunnen.

7.Even sages    are   worshipping you ,
And they are   chanting  the garland  of your names,
Oh Goddess  who destroys defects and  who  cures false  pride  ,
I am saluting you  so that  my defects   get over.

8.Yen amme  ninne chinthikkanamennum,
Yethu vidham viswasicheedenam,
Bodhichidanulla  kaalam vrudhaa  poi  ,
Khedham undamme  kshamikkane nee.

8.Oh my mother  , How should  I believe,
That I should  daily   think about you  ?
The time for you to teach me that went waste ,
And oh mother I am sorry  about it  , please  pardon me.

9.Iyo   yendamme  neeyenne vediyelle  ,
SAyyakku adima yaakkedarauthe,
Yee yezhaye   nee kai  vital, athu yennude  ,
Yiyulla  janmam    ashubhamakkum.

9.Alas oh mother do not go away from me,
You should not make me slave   to the bed,
If you decide to go away   from this poor man,
 This  life of ours would become inauspicious.

10.Onnilum  illa yenikka aasa yendeyamme  ,
Dhanya padangaleyennum  kaanmaan,
Onnu thane kothiyullathu  sadhippan,
Yennil  krupamrutham  varshikkene.

10.Oh mother , I do not have   desire in anything  ,
And I have  only one desire and that is  ,
To see  once   your very divine  feet  , to fulfill that,
Please shower your  nectar  of grace  on me.

11.Othunnanthu yenthinnu , jnan yende  karyangal,
Othathe  yellam    ariyunnille  ?
Sadhu jana  mana samsthithe  , Mangale  ,
Bodhichu  vaazhthaan   thunachidene.

11,What is the need to lean as   do I not,
Understand  my affairs   without learnin,
Oh goddess who is  in the mind of sages, Oh ausoecious one  ,
Please be with me to help in teaching and greeting>

12.oUdharya budhiyodenna kadakshichu ,
Bodham aruluga  , shudhanaagaan,
Bodha kuravinaal   ninne smarikkuvaan,
Preethi thonnichilla   duschinthakal.

12.,Please see me   with  charitable thought  ,
And give me understanding  for bad thoughts,
Made my understanding less   and did,
Not allow   me to think    about you.

13.Ambike sri kodungallore amarunna,
Thamburaatti  , jagan mathe  , bhadre,
Nin padha pankajam yennil  vilanguvaan,
Kumbittu   arinja poal  vaazhthidunnen.

13.Oh Mother , Oh queen who ,
Lives  in KOdungallore  , Oh mother  of universe  ,
Oh  great lady  , For your lotus like   feet,
To shine in my heart  , I  bow before you,
And praise  you to the best of my ability.

14.Amme , manohari  , devi  , krupakari,
Amme, mahamaye , sarveswari,
Amme   surasura   sevithe  , mangale  ,
Sammodhaal yenne    anugrahikku.

14.Oh mother , Oh  bewitcher of mind, Oh Goddess  who shows mercy  ,
Oh mother  . Oh great Maya  , Oh goddess  of all,
Oh mother   who is served  by devas  and asuras,Oh auspicious one  ,
Along with   great joy  , please   bless  me.

15.Akshara  jnanam undayathu kondonnum  ,
Akshya naadhe   arinjilla   jnan  ,
Vruksham maram yenna  thathwam grahikkuvaan,
Sikshanam venam    guruvil ninnu.

15. In spite of my knowing   about alphabets  ,
Oh Goddess who never  reduces, I did not know  ,
That  the tree  also is  wood,
For  you need  teaching for a guru for that.

16.Deivakamaayulla  thathwa  saarangale,
Kevalam nissarammakki thalli  ,
Bhuviyil ingu angaayi   alanju   thirinju jnan,
Jeevitham aage   vrudhavilaakki

16. I simply pushed away   as nothing  ,
The divine  philosophical thoughts  ,
And kept wandering here   and there  in this world ,
And like that I made  my life   as  waste.

17.Amme  saranam tharanam  ponnambike  ,
Amme  karunamrutham   dehi may.

17.,Oh mother, oh golden mother  , you have to give me protection ,
Oh mother  please give  me your nectar  like  mercy.




No comments: