Monday, May 21, 2018

Oh my God in Vaikunta


Oh  my God  in Vaikunta

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

(When I read  it in Tamil, I realized that  they  are  the 12 names , we  are supposed  to touch different parts  of out torso  , using  our five fingers .It was   a great challenge    to find 12 different words to summon  the  God  like the tamil  image that  I am enclosing .I hope you will   agree   that to a large extent  I have succeeded. Thanks   to my daughter Thankam   who posted  it in Whatsapp)





Called   I  , “oh Kesava,”
He  removed all  my problems in a second,
Wished    I, “Oh Narayana”
You  filled  my home  with prosperity
Summoned   I, “Oh Madhava,”
You came  before me   with a  bewitching  smile,
Babbled  I , “Oh Govinda “
You  attached   yourself in my thoughts like  Feviquick,
Shouted  I , “”Oh Vishnu”,
You stood there   from earth to sky,
Cried  I, “Oh Madhusudana”
You spread all  over my mind like scent.
Desired  I “Oh TRivikrama”,
You made   your name echo  everywhere,
Hollered  I, “Oh Vamana “.
You stood as guard  to me in this  cheating world,
Phoned  I  , “ Hello Sridhara”,
You were  imprisoned  in the jail of my mind,
Murmured  I, “Oh Hrishi kesa”,
You made me  go round you like  a  humming bee,
Texted I  “Oh Padmanabha”,
You   freed me from all  attachments,
Whatsapped  L , “Oh Damodara “
You made me realize , that  you are  the lord of dharma

Oh  Universal  being , If  I daily  pray  you ,
Using  these names , you  would  lead  me to salvation



No comments: